3 free eBytes to recognise World Mental Health Day
Saturday 10th October 2020 is recognised by the ‘World Health Organisation’ as World Mental Health Day. The key to this day is to raise awareness of mental health issues and remove the historic stigma of mental health.
Although perceptions towards mental health have changed, its impact is still felt across the world, both personally and professionally:
- 792 million people are affected by mental health issues worldwide, roughly 10% of the world’s population 
- Mental ill health is responsible for 72 million working days lost in the UK each year 
- NHS England state that the cost of mental ill health in England totals £34 billion each year, excluding dementia and substance abuse 
- People with a long-term mental health condition lose their jobs at around double the rate of those without a mental health condition. This equates to 300,000 people every year – the equivalent of the population of Newcastle 
So, what can we do to firstly improve our own mental health, and secondly remove the stigma?
This year’s theme set by the World Federation for Mental Health is ‘Mental Health for All’.
At Learning Nexus, we are doing our best to stand by this theme by releasing 3 of our eBytes for FREE. Our eBytes are animated videos, lasting roughly 2 minutes which focus on one learning objective.
Our aim is to firstly educate viewers on what mental health is, and the steps people can take to improve their mental health, and the mental health of those around them. Secondly, we hope by sharing these videos that viewers discuss what they have learnt with family, friends and colleagues, to reduce and ultimately remove the stigma against mental ill health.
What is Depression?
Five Steps to Mental Wellbeing
- https://www.centreformentalhealth.org.uk/sites/default/files/2018 09/CentreforMentalHealth_Mental_health_problems_in_the_workplace.pdf